Monday 9 July 2012

New Designers

So I am back in Manchester now after showing my work at New Designers 2012!
What a great show it was, I wish that there were more regular shows or it was longer as it was so good to be around that many students and professionals. 

I'm so glad that I took the opportunity to show my work :)
So on that high note, I will post some pictures that I took while there.



 Setting up the show! A nice contrasting red and grey theme (would have been better orange and grey, but there you go :P)! We did a lot of painting that day!
 A shot from above showing the chaos of setting up!
 Another shot from above! You can actually see the base I used on here.
 A lot of work later and the boards are up and the models are taking their places!
 Still a little bit more work.
 Bringing the beach to New Designers, I managed to do this without making too much mess thanks to help from a friend.
 And the model is finally put together! Not looking too bad if I do say so myself :)
 A little bit of work needed to stick the orange wings on to the top.
 The show all up and ready for the opening day! 
 The boards and models on the right hand side,
 and the boards and models on the left.
 An aerial view of the Salford stand with my model just showing itself. 
 The model in all its glory, with bucket and spade added to help set the scene.
 I put some business cards and my retractable bearings on the table so people could take a card and look at some of the more detailed designing.
 A similar view, but showing the sand in the base as well
 My presentation boards, project work and portfolio. I left more of my cards here for people to take.
A nice eye catching red at the entrance to the show.




I am happy with my work, and I am impressed with the feedback that I received about it. 
It was great being around all of the other Universities to see the different approaches they take to their final major projects.


So as always, thank you for reading, and don't hesitate to comment or message me for anything :)


Matt Bowman

2 comments:

  1. great stand well done to all the salford students you looked the part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good show - Salford students way ahead!!

    ReplyDelete